• Advertisement
To advertise, place classifieds free ads by category in a forum as a new topic, or in the classified display ads section, or start a classifieds free blog.

Acosta issues warning to 'conservative media'

Postby smix » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:36 pm

Washington Examiner

URL: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... tive-media
Category: Politics
Published: June 10, 2019

Description: CNN Chief White House Correspondent Jim Acosta warned people in conservative media Monday that President Trump will not be in office forever and that another president could easily attack them just as Trump has gone after CNN. Explaining why he wrote his new book, The Enemy of the People: A Dangerous Time to Tell the Truth in America, Acosta told Anderson Cooper, "What I wanted to do is sort of take the big-picture view on this and say, 'Is this the kind of country we want to hand off to the next generation, where we’re now comfortable from here on out saying that the press is the enemy of the people?'"

acosta-trump-white-house.jpg

"And to our friends in conservative media, Anderson, I say this: It is no guarantee that you get to stay in power forever," he continued. "And so, another administration could come in and do the very same thing to them and say, 'Well, Donald Trump did it. Guess what, we’re going to do it to you, too.'" While promoting his book Sunday on CNN's "Reliable Sources," Acosta told host Brian Stelter he believes Trump says outlandish things in order to dominate the news. “I tell folks, I’m not a psychiatrist. So I can't assess the president's mental state. But I will tell you my sense of it is … he’s more crazy like a fox," he said.
smix

Blog: View Blog (0)