• Advertisement
To advertise, place classifieds free ads by category in a forum as a new topic, or in the classified display ads section, or start a classifieds free blog.

YP Holdings plans first-round bid to merge with Yahoo: source

YP Holdings plans first-round bid to merge with Yahoo: source

Postby smix » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:43 pm

YP Holdings plans first-round bid to merge with Yahoo: source

URL: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-yahoo ... SKCN0XF2DX
Category: technologyNews
Published: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 17:07:25 -0400

Description: (Reuters) - YP Holdings LLC, the digital advertising business of what was formerly called Yellowpages.com, is planning to submit a first-round bid on Monday to merge with Yahoo Inc , a source familiar with the matter said on Monday. Yahoo, valued at about $34.6 billion, had extended a deadline to bid for its businesses by a week to April 18, technology news website Re/code reported last week. Cerberus Capital Management LP-controlled YP could merge with a spun-off unit of Yahoo's core business in a tax-free transaction known as Reverse Morris Trust, Bloomberg reported on Monday, citing people familiar with the matter. Cerberus holds 53 percent of YP, while AT&T Inc owns the remaining 47 percent, and if YP acquires Yahoo, AT&T could end up buying part of the Web company, Bloomberg said. YP, valued at $1 billion to $1.5 billion, is working with Goldman Sachs Group Inc to explore strategic alternatives, including selling itself, and has also held preliminary merger talks with GoDaddy Inc, Bloomberg said. Yahoo, YP Holdings, Goldman Sachs, AT&T and GoDaddy declined to comment. Cerberus could not be immediately reached for comment. Yahoo shares, which were trading down for most of Monday, moved into positive territory after the Bloomberg report. They closed up 0.03 percent at $36.52.
User avatar
Posts: 2118271
Images: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:05 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to Business Mergers, Acquisitions & Spin-offs

Mobile Device
  • 1
    Free Classified Ads
    There are 3 ways to advertise - your choice: you can place free ads in a forum topic, in the classified display ads section, or you may start your own free blog. Please select the appropriate category and forum for the ad content before you post. Do not spam.
    Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware. Deal at your own risk and peril.
  • Advertisement