• Advertisement
To advertise, place classifieds free ads by category in a forum as a new topic, or in the classified display ads section, or start a classifieds free blog.

Democrat Elizabeth Warren floats plan to empower Native Americans

Sanders addresses Comanche event in Warren’s home state

Postby smix » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:17 am

Sanders addresses Comanche event in Warren’s home state
AP

URL: https://www.apnews.com/b3f9a38270754f31ba9182388af549be
Category: Politics
Published: September 23, 2019

Description: LAWTON, Okla. (AP) — Bernie Sanders campaigned Sunday in reliably Republican Oklahoma with an appearance before the largest annual gathering of the Comanche Nation in the state where rival Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren was born. Sanders’ visit may remind some of a sensitive subject for Warren, still criticized after her October release of a DNA test meant to bolster her claim to Native American heritage. That was supposed to rebut President Donald Trump’s mocking of the Massachusetts senator as “Pocahontas,” but only intensified it. Last month, Warren offered a public apology to Native Americans, trying to show that the issue won’t be a political drag on her White House campaign, which polls show on the rise lately. The Comanches, who are holding their 28th annual Nation Fair Powwow, are a Plains Indian tribe of about 17,000 enrolled members, with headquarters just north of Lawton, in southwest Oklahoma. Powwows are important social events for many tribes, featuring traditional dance, songs, food, regalia and other customs, and Sunday’s was held at the tribe’s headquarters in the foothills of the Wichita Mountains. Sanders, a Vermont senator, entered the powwow grounds in a procession of tribal leaders, led by a group of Comanche women dancers in traditional dress. He was presented with a Comanche Nation Blanket.

bernie-blanket.jpg

“What you understand, and what you have taught us — and it is a lesson that must be learned now or the entire planet will be in danger — you have taught us that, as human beings, we are part of nature and we cannot destroy nature and survive,” Sanders said, adding that Native Americans have “enriched the American people. You have educated the American people.” “I know and you know that, for too many years, the needs of the American Indian have been ignored, treaties have been broken and lie after lie has been told to you,” Sanders said. The value of Sanders’ visit was more symbolic than practical since the Comanche Nation is not particularly large, said University of Oklahoma political science professor Keith Gaddie. “There’s no reason, in order to win the state, that you’d have to go down to that event,” Gaddie said. Indeed, Comanche Chairman William Nelson, Sr. said that no presidential candidate had visited the Comanche Nation since Teddy Roosevelt came to Oklahoma to hunt wolves while still a White House hopeful. “It’s an honor that an actual candidate for president would visit the Comanche Nation,” Nelson said. Sanders won Oklahoma’s 2016 Democratic primary over Hillary Clinton. The state votes next year as part of the earlier and expanded “Super Tuesday,” which comes on March 3 and includes neighboring Texas. Warren has made her family’s financial struggles — after her father had a heart attack and couldn’t work forcing her mother to get a minimum wage job — a central theme of her campaign. She and Sanders are friends who agree on many policy issues, including the “Medicare for All” universal health insurance plan. Both also have refused to attack one another politically, ducking questions about whether they eventually will have to compete for the Democratic Party’s most liberal wing.

bernie-faces-warren.jpg

But a Des Moines Register-CNN-Mediacom poll released Saturday showed Warren outpacing Sanders in Iowa, which launches the 2020 Democratic nominating contest on Feb. 3. She also was running about even with former Vice President Joe Biden, who had been the crowded field’s front runner. As expected, Sanders did not mention Warren on Sunday, instead telling those gathered that, if he’s elected president, “Not only will you get a seat at the table, you will be part of the decision making.” Stephanie Landeros, a Comanche Indian from nearby Apache, said she supports Sanders because of his position on issues that are important to her, including civil rights, protecting the environment and programs for the poor. “He seems to be someone who is concerned about minorities,” Landeros said.
smix

Blog: View Blog (0)

Saagar Enjeti calls Warren's credibility into question

Postby smix » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:44 pm

Saagar Enjeti calls Warren's credibility into question
The Hill

URL: https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/46373 ... o-question
Published: September 30, 2019

Description: Last week we talked about how Elizabeth Warren is now the anointed one amongst Democratic elites and the media, which means that you can expect approximately zero fair coverage of her bizarre past claiming Native American heritage. Her supporters have come on this show, they fanned out throughout the media claiming that she's taken responsibility for it. That she’s apologized and moved on. On its face it’s easy to say it’s silly, but we need to remember the broader story it tells us about her, she has a proven public track record of being monumentally dishonest.

warren-jeep-cherokee.jpg

This weekend a clip resurfaced of Warren claiming that her parents had to elope because she was part Cherokee, her mother was part Cherokee, and part Delaware. It’s a touching story, which is also not true. An internet sleuth in 2012 found records from the 1930's indicating that Warren's parents had their marriage conducted by a prominent pastor in the town, that the witness on her parent’s marriage certificate was a family friend, that the wedding announcement in the local paper makes zero mention of the wedding being a surprise to their family. This is not just run of the mill lying about one’s heritage for gain. This is belief to the bone and utter refusal when confronted with the facts to grapple with reality. Warren's delusions ran so deep she once claimed to be Cherokee to submit a recipe to a cookbook called "Pow Wow Chow"....Yes, really. Even better? She plagiarized the recipe that she supported from the New York Times. That's not to mention her own listing of American Indian heritage on her Texas bar registration papers in the 1980s and her many years of Native American identification, while a professor at Harvard University. The Boston Globe and Spotlight can say whatever it wants, if you believe that when a university is touting your so called diverse heritage and it didn't help your career, then I have a bridge to sell you. Elizabeth Warren clung to her so called Native American heritage because it made her different. I can understand that on a limited basis. What I can't understand and what many of us shouldn't forgive, is the years of lying about this heritage, the years of misrepresentation, and the total and utter refusal to grapple with the larger story that it tells us about her in public life. Elizabeth Warren has a plan for that, but what is in those plans exactly? Will she stick to them and carry them through? Warren enjoys saying she's signed on fully to Bernie Sanders’ medicare for all plan, but then at a campaign event in New Hampshire last week she now says that this is a framework? I'm far from a Medicare For All purist, but if you're going to make this the centerpiece of your campaign and you're already waffling on what it might mean in the general election, then you're going to be dishonest with primary and general election voters. The same thing comes to her promise not take big money during her campaign for president after rolling over nearly 10 million dollars in big money from her senate campaign funds to her presidential race. She took it for years, has taken a break, and won't necessarily rule it out for taking it in the future. She's an anti-establishment politician who's courting the DNC. You won't see any of these questions raised at the debate, and sadly not even by Warren's Democratic opponents in the primary. It’s a disservice to primary voters and boon to the GOP. I guess I shouldn't be upset about it, the more I get to talk about Pow Wow Chow in my view, the better off we all are, but we can all use some laughs in this life.

Pavlich: Elizabeth Warren's fake victimhood
The Hill

URL: https://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/ ... victimhood
Published: October 15, 2019

Description: Throughout her entire career, 2020 Democratic presidential candidate and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren told stories about her Cherokee heritage.

warren-axe.jpg

She’s repeatedly used the title to get ahead and documents show she listed herself as “American Indian” on a Texas Bar registration card in 1986. In 1997, she was named Harvard’s first woman of color by the Fordham Law Review. In 2010, Warren told a story of racism and discrimination within her own family. “My mom and dad were very much in love with each other and they wanted to get married and my father’s parents said absolutely not. You can’t marry her because she’s part Cherokee and part Delaware. After fighting as long as they could, my parents went off, they eloped. It was an issue in our family the whole time I grew up about these two families. It was an issue still raised at my mother’s funeral,” Warren said during an interview with a local Massachusetts television station. Many people, including President Trump, questioned Warren’s claims of tribal heritage. During her Senate campaign against Republican Sen. Scott Brown, the number of questions from Boston Globe reporters started to increase. Two months ahead of her announcement she would be running for president, Warren decided she was going to prove once and for all she was telling the truth and that the Cherokee tribe was truly part of her story. On Oct. 15, 2018, a media campaign centered around the issue was launched. Team Warren published a new section on her website dedicated to the results of a DNA test. On Twitter, a lengthy video was heavily promoted as “proof” her claims were backed up by “strong evidence” and science. “My family (including Fox News-watchers) sat together and talked about what they think of @realDonaldTrump’s attacks on our heritage. And yes, a famous geneticist analyzed my DNA and concluded that it contains Native American ancestry,” Warren tweeted. The DNA test results showed Warren might be 1/1,024th American Indian. Pushing even more doubt into the results, her DNA wasn’t compared to lineage of the Cherokee tribe. In fact, it immediately sparked backlash from the tribal nation and brought back horrific memories of a time when people’s worth was judged through their bloodline. “A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship. Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America. Sovereign tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation,” Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. released in a statement at the time. “Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong. It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is prove. Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage.” Warren’s family story, especially of discrimination, victimhood and elopement because of her mother’s alleged Cherokee heritage, completely fell apart. She’s apologized privately to the tribe, but has never admitted she isn’t Native American. Now, Warren is facing another controversy. On the 2020 campaign trail, Warren isn’t talking about her high-cheek bones, but instead about how she was fired from a job for being pregnant. “When I was 22 and finishing my first year of teaching, I had an experience millions of women will recognize. By June I was visibly pregnant — and the principal told me the job I’d already been promised for the next year would go to someone else,” Warren tweeted. “This was 1971, years before Congress outlawed pregnancy discrimination — but we know it still happens in subtle and not-so-subtle ways. We can fight back by telling our stories. I tell mine on the campaign trail, and I hope to hear yours.” This is the same narrative she’s been pushing on the campaign trail during her stump speeches with voters. But it isn’t true. Warren wasn’t fired from the job. In fact, she was asked to come back to the position and instead offered her resignation to pursue graduate school. “The Riverdale Board of Education approved a second-year teaching contract for a young Elizabeth Warren, documents show, contradicting the Democratic presidential candidate’s repeated claims that she was asked not to return to teaching after a single year because she was ‘visibly pregnant,’ ” the Washington Free Beacon recently reported. “Minutes of an April 21, 1971, Riverdale Board of Education meeting obtained by the Washington Free Beacon show that the board voted unanimously on a motion to extend Warren a ‘2nd year’ contract for a two-days-per-week teaching job. That job is similar to the one she held the previous year, her first year of teaching. Minutes from a board meeting held two months later, on June 16, 1971, indicate that Warren’s resignation was ‘accepted with regret.’ ” [Editor’s note: Warren stands by her original statement.] In an attempt to court voters and score political points, Warren has repeatedly painted herself as a victim. The stories she’s told aren’t true, yet she keeps telling them. In the age of authentic populism, it’s a wonder why she continues to do so.
smix

When will Warren unveil plan to tell the truth?

Postby smix » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:43 pm

When will Warren unveil plan to tell the truth?
Boston Herald

URL: https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/10/08 ... the-truth/
Published: October 8, 2019

Description: Fake Indian speak with forked tongue — again!

What other conclusion can you draw from this latest controversy over her ever-evolving autobiography, this chapter involving the end to her public school teaching career, almost a half-century ago? Which account should we have more confidence in — Fauxcahontas’ current campaign stump speech, or the exact opposite, namely, what she herself said on video in 2007, backed by school board minutes from 1971, contemporaneous newspaper accounts and her former colleagues’ recollections. The preponderance of evidence seems to be that, as one wag put it yesterday, she’s putting the “lie” back in Lieawatha. Her campaign brags that the fake Indian has a plan for everything, most of which involve a) higher taxes, b) reduced freedom for Americans or c) both. Here’s an idea for another new Warren plan: telling the truth about her past. According to her latest, updated fictitious biography, the fake Indian was fired from her first post-college job, as a special-ed teacher in New Jersey — “shown the door,” as she put it. Of course, as she has risen in the polls — mainly due to the weaknesses of her fellow septuagenarian candidates, Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders — she has again begun to, uh, fine-tune the narrative. Even the Democrat stenographers at See BS News noticed how the tall tale about leaving her teaching job keeps changing, noting that by late summer “Warren was telling the same story about the principal without the part about him showing her the door.” When See BS inquired about the latest… evolution, the fake Indian claimed she “actually hadn’t noticed” that she no longer actually claims she was fired. Really? Does anyone know what the Cherokee word for “Pinocchio” is? Now she says the principal “wished me luck and hired someone else for the job.” Of course, in 2007, on video, she told a totally different story about briefly teaching in 1970-71 on an “emergency certificate.” Then she went back to grad school to get her necessary credentials but decided, “’I don’t think this is going to work out for me.’ I was pregnant with my first baby, so I had a baby and stayed home for a couple of years.” Now, she changed her story because after being elected to the Senate she decided to “open up” about her past. “Open up?” Surely she meant to say she decided to “make up” her past. However, The Washington Free Beacon discovered the minutes of a meeting of the local school board from April 1971 showing that her contract had been renewed. Two months later, the board minutes show, her resignation “effective June 30, 1971 was accepted with regret.” Being a special-ed teacher is tough, and it’s easy to understand why she came to the conclusion that, as she put it, “I don’t think this is going to work out for me.” But an honorable person doesn’t cast herself as a victim when she made the decision herself to quit. As she herself put it on videotape before she began running for president: “So I had a baby and stayed home for a couple of years, and I was really casting about, thinking, ‘What am I going to do?’ My husband’s view of it was, ‘Stay home. We have children, we’ll have more children, you’ll love this.’ And I was very restless about this.” Presumably the principal is now dead, unable to defend himself. Kind of like the old law school prof whom she accused of “lunging” at her, after remembering him fondly 20 years earlier at his memorial service, amused that someone who had survived polio, an iron lung and struggles with a walker would try to touch her. Once #metoo got going, she said she was terrified of the old “cripple,” as he described himself, had thought about punching him in the face and “shook” when she got back to her office. But then, this is a woman who has gone from white to Native American back to not only white, but “Okie down to her toes.” This is a woman who lifts haute-cuisine French recipes from a New York Times chef and claims they came from her Cherokee ancestors. (Cold crab omelet – a favorite of noted sachems the Duke and Duchess of Windsor and Noel Coward.) Funny, isn’t it, how the two Democrat front-runners have both “reinvented” their life stories, the difference being, Joe Biden reimagines himself as a Walter Mitty-esque hero, and Liz Warren paints herself as a complete victim. And they both want to be the next Great White Father. From George Washington, who couldn’t tell a lie, to Elizabeth Warren, who couldn’t tell the truth, to Joe Biden, who can’t tell the difference.

Howie Carr: Elizabeth Warren in big trouble now
Boston Herald

URL: https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/02/05 ... ouble-now/
Published: February 5, 2019

Description: Stick a fork in cold crab omelette — the fake Indian is all done now. She speak-um with forked tongue one time too many, and now The Washington Post, of all places, has scalped her.

warren-mohawk.jpg

The smoke signals went out last night — as early as 1986 she was lying on a Texas bar application that she was “American Indian.” Lieawatha admit-um she talk with forked tongue, only she use white-eye language, calling it “furthering confusion.” No confusion anywhere. You are an utter fraud. Fake Indian, you will have many moons to reflect on your serial lies. Never will you be great white father. Never live-um in white tee-pee. Heap big fraud since buffalo roam the plain, blue-eyed squaw lie about DNA, to make-um more wampum. So the Boston Globe story last fall claiming she’d never tried to pass as an honest injun, was as phony as a Kevin Cullen column. But hey, it’s the Globe — right, Mike Barnicle? Jason Blair? Patricia X. Smith? Why do you think the fake Indian went to a fake news rag to print her buffalo excrement? Ugh. And that’s not the only bad news. The incredible bunko artist is busted on this morning. In an unrelated develop, Sen. Elizabeth Warren may be getting sued over some more of her despicable lies. Because this time she put her shameful falsehoods in a tweet, not in an employment application to Harvard or UPenn law school. Hard to deep-six a tweet, especially one as perniciously false as the one she sent out last month about the Covington Catholic High School students who was accosted first by a group of Black Hebrew Israelites in D.C., and then by a nutty Indian — a real Indian, to be clear, but a fake Vietnam veteran, like Sen. Richard “Stolen Valor” Blumenthal. Here is the smoke signal Lieawatha sent out: “Omaha elder and Vietnam War veteran Nathan Phillips endured hateful taunts with dignity and strength, then urged us all to do better.” After “Omaha elder,” almost every word in that tweet is a lie, including “and” and “the.” But it’s the fake Indian, so what else is new? It’s odd, though, isn’t it, that Fauxcahontas can’t stop herself from lying about some high-school kids, but she was too PC to give a shout-out to the New England Patriots. I mean, even her below-average septuagenarian colleague, Ed “Mr. Frosty” Markey knows enough, to at least issue pro forma congratulations, even though he thinks they’re still “the Boston Patriots.” This presidential campaign is not going well for the fake Indian. She’s lagging in the polls — even in the cheese shops of Harvard Square, even among her fellow swells in Cambridge who live in $2.3-million wigwams they bought with no-interest loans from the Bureau of Indian Affairs, I mean Harvard University. Of course the fake Indian despises the students of Covington Catholic whom she slurred — MAGA hat-wearing white heterosexual Roman Catholics from tax-paying intact families. Deplorables. Despite her total fraudulence as a human being, the fake Indian has enjoyed a free ride through her almost 70 years on the planet, or at least since she started a) checking the box, and b) re-registered at City Hall as a Democrat. Being a Democrat means never having to say you’re sorry. Just ask Ralph Northam and Justin Fairfax. But now the lawyers for those pro-life irredeemable bitter clingers from the Cincinnati suburbs are threatening to sue all the purveyors of Fake News — the NYT, the WaPo, CNN, NPR, etc. — as well as the Beautiful People in LaLaLand who defamed the high school kids. The way things have been going for Warren, this letter from the lawyers for the American high school students may be the high-water mark, or high-firewater mark, of her campaign — her battle of the Little Big Horn, even though it will soon become Horseshoe Bend, or Wounded Knee. Tippecanoe and Warren, too — guilty guilty guilty. In receiving a legal notice demanding that she preserve her communications, she finds herself lumped in with a bunch of Hollywood reprobates, not to mention the pederast-infested Roman Catholic dioceses of Covington, Lexington, Louisville and Baltimore, all of whom went after the heterosexual teenagers much more quickly than they ever did against their pervert priests. Among the other Never Trumpers listed with the fake Indian: a Canadian “comedian” named Jim Carrey, who recently beat a lawsuit by the estate of his ex-galpal charging him with infecting her with multiple STD’s and introducing her “to cocaine and prostitutes.” Then there’s Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-ISIS — who advocated for a lighter sentence for nine would-be jihadi recruits in Minnesota — wants to raise the top tax rate to 90 percent and denies allegations that she married her brother in an immigration fraud. Then there are the icons of fake-news NBC: the ancient battle-ax Andrea Mitchell, tax-deadbeat homophobe Joy Reid, dim bulb Savannah Guthrie and Chuck Todd, Democrat operative and former flack for another stolen-valor Democrat hack named Tom Harkin. Come to think of it, the fake Indian is probably honored to be in such esteemed company. At least until the libel trials begin in Kentucky. And when that trial ends, I can think of one word that the fake Indian will be uttering, not from a real Native American tongue, but from a Republic Pictures B western. “Ugh.” And when the jury returns the verdict, she’ll be asking her lawyers another question from an old Western movie about Indians. “How?” As in, “How much wampum am I going to have to pay those horrible Trump-voting Roman Catholics from Covington Catholic?”
smix

Elizabeth Warren’s Plan To Keep American Indians Wards Of The State

Postby smix » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:50 pm

Elizabeth Warren’s Plan To Keep American Indians Wards Of The State
Forbes

URL: https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevehanke ... the-state/
Published: September 15, 2019

Description: As Senator Elizabeth Warren makes her bid to become the Democratic Party’s candidate for President of the United States in 2020, she has worked to make amends with America’s Indians for her false claims of Cherokee blood. In August, the Senator offered her public apology at a Native American forum in Sioux City, Iowa. She also released a massive legislative proposal—“Honoring Promises to Native Nations Act”—with Congresswoman Deb Haaland, a Democrat from New Mexico. The proposal comes with an eye-popping price tag (read: big bucks for Native Americans). With that, all was forgiven. The hatchet was buried. Before I comment further on the substance of Senator Warren’s proposals, some background about American Indians is in order. Indeed, the stage must be set. There are roughly 2.6 million American Indians in the United States. Twenty-one percent reside on reservations. Indian reservations cover a total of 56.2 million acres, an area that’s about the size of Idaho. The reservations are held in trust by the federal government. They are managed by the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) in Washington, D.C. in conjunction with local tribal councils. Even though the reservations have alleged broad powers of sovereign, self-governing “nations,” the federal government, through the BIA, has traditionally played a large role in all aspects of American Indian life. Indeed, the economic affairs of Indian tribes are micro-managed by the BIA. The BIA typically negotiates contracts, determines natural resource use, makes investment decisions, manages tribal financial records, and determines tribal employment policies. As an indicator of the government’s involvement in Indian affairs, consider that the federal government spends over $20 billion annually on American Indians. This amounts to roughly $7,605 for each Native American. Economic development on Indian reservations, when it occurs, is limited, with the gambling boom on some reservations representing an exception. Indian reservations resemble many less developed countries. Unemployment rates for Indians residing on reservations are, on average, about three times higher than the overall U.S. rate. Moreover, government make-work programs account for a great deal of the so-called employment. Median family incomes are about 53.7% of the national average, with 37.9% of all Indians living in poverty—over 2.5 times the U.S. rate. Not surprisingly, American Indians suffer many of the ills that accompany poverty: high rates of alcoholism, criminality, familial instability, and general poor health. If this were not enough, corruption is widespread on reservations. Indian reservations represent man-made disasters of the first order. Communal ownership of reservations and widespread federal government failure have resulted in this sad state of economic affairs. There have been numerous specific events that have created this tragedy for American Indians. One occurred back in 1831, when the U.S. Supreme Court concluded that the relationship between the federal government and the Indian tribes was that of a “ward to his guardian.” With that, the die was cast. The Indians were deemed to be mere wards of the State—dependencies of the federal government. The federal government imposes many rules and regulations on its wards. As for the reservations themselves, they are communally owned and operated under the collective eye of tribal councils. Private ownership is scarce as hens’ teeth in Indian country. This institutional setup results in a massive amount of waste. Indian grazing lands are typically overused, while timberlands and mineral lands are underused. As for the Indians themselves, there are few incentives to save and invest in communally-owned resources. So, there is little investment. To understand the waste, fraud, and abuse that occur on communal lands, it is instructive to consider why private lands are used in a more economically efficient manner. Private owners stand to gain enhanced wealth from the wise care of and prudent improvements on their property, reductions in production costs, proper land use, and the like. Indeed, private owners are “residual claimants” who have a strong interest in maximizing the residual profit or capital gain arising from land ownership. Communal owners, by contrast, lack a “residual claim” in any meaningful sense. Consequently, communal lands are used in an uneconomic manner. This observation is, of course, not new. In 1776, Adam Smith concluded in The Wealth of Nations that, “The attention of the sovereign can be at best a very general and vague consideration of what is likely to contribute to the better cultivation of the greater part of his dominions. The attention of the landlord is particular and minute consideration of what is likely to be the most advantageous application of every inch of ground upon his estate.” To remedy the economic maladies that afflict Indians, a Presidential Commission on Indian Reservation Economies recommended a sweeping privatization program in 1984. As the Commission put it: “Private ownership of tribal enterprises contemplates ownership of the means of production, private management, for-profit motivation and freedom for individual Indians or groups of Indians who have or share an interest in participating in business activity on an Indian reservation.” If implemented, the Commission’s privatization proposals would release American Indians from being wards of the State. They could function as property owners, as do all other Americans.

warren-trail-of-tears.jpg

This brings me to Senator Warren’s proposals. The Senator begins by correctly observing that the federal government has not lived up to its promises to American Indians. Indeed, when it comes to treaties and obligations, there has been a massive failure of the federal government to deliver—a classic case of government failure. Senator Warren moves from that correct and obvious observation about government failure to a non sequitur. Yes. She proposes more of the same, arguing that it’s all a matter of more money. Her proposals do nothing more than rearrange the chairs on the Titanic. They fail to correct the problem. That problem is communal ownership of Indian lands and businesses and the massive government meddling in the lives of American Indians, who are currently deemed little more than wards of the State. If all this isn’t bad enough, it’s clear that Senator Warren not only wants to keep the Indians as wards, but she wants the rest of us to become wards of the State, too. Indeed, that’s where her costly “Medicare for All” and social security proposals would leave us.
smix

County Records Contradict Warren’s Claim She Was Fired Over Pregnancy

Postby smix » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:39 am

County Records Contradict Warren’s Claim She Was Fired Over Pregnancy
Washington Free Beacon

URL: https://freebeacon.com/politics/county- ... pregnancy/
Published: October 7, 2019

Description: RIVERDALE, N.J.—The Riverdale Board of Education approved a second-year teaching contract for a young Elizabeth Warren, documents show, contradicting the Democratic presidential candidate’s repeated claims that she was asked not to return to teaching after a single year because she was "visibly pregnant."

warren-teacher.jpg

Minutes of an April 21, 1971, Riverdale Board of Education meeting obtained by the Washington Free Beacon show that the board voted unanimously on a motion to extend Warren a "2nd year" contract for a two-days-per-week teaching job. That job is similar to the one she held the previous year, her first year of teaching. Minutes from a board meeting held two months later, on June 16, 1971, indicate that Warren’s resignation was "accepted with regret." Warren's claim that she was dismissed after her first year of teaching because she was pregnant has become a cornerstone of her stump speeches. She has used it to both explain her jump from teaching into the legal world as well as to showcase the difficulties that women face in the workplace. The principal of the school she worked at in the early 1970s, Warren has said, "showed [her] the door" at the end of the school year because she was "visibly pregnant." Warren’s campaign did not respond to a request for comment on the board of education records. The documents emerge at a time when Warren’s campaign has surged. Ahead of the fourth Democratic debate next week, the Massachusetts senator is running neck and neck with former vice president Joe Biden. The RealClearPolitics polling average shows her trailing Biden by just 0.3 percent nationally and leading him by 2.7 percent in Iowa. Boosted by a strong campaign apparatus and a bevy of detailed policy proposals, Warren has succeeded in positioning herself as the progressive choice for Democratic voters. In recent weeks, she has appeared to elbow out Bernie Sanders, her chief rival for the party’s most liberal voters. Sanders suffered a heart attack last week, a setback that temporarily derailed his campaign. Warren’s claim about her dismissal from the Riverdale Elementary School came under scrutiny last week when the journalist Meagan Day of Jacobin magazine noted that Warren’s story appeared to have changed over the years. Day pointed to a 2007 interview Warren gave at the University of California-Berkeley in which she suggested that she left her teaching job after realizing the graduate school classes required for her to obtain a teaching certificate weren’t going to "work out for [her]." "I went back to graduate school and took a couple of courses in education and said, ‘I don't think this is going to work out for me,’" Warren said in the 2007 interview. "I was pregnant with my first baby, so I had a baby and stayed home for a couple of years, and I was really casting about, thinking, ‘What am I going to do?’ My husband's view of it was, ‘Stay home. We have children, we'll have more children, you'll love this.’ And I was very restless about it." Warren's book, A Fighting Chance, published a year after she was sworn in as a senator in 2013, tells something of a different story, though the two aren’t necessarily incompatible. "By the end of the school year, I was pretty obviously pregnant," Warren wrote in the book. "The principal did what I think a lot of principals did back then—wished me good luck, didn’t ask me back the next school year, and hired someone else for the job." Warren worked as a speech pathologist at Riverdale Elementary School in New Jersey during the 1970-71 school year. The Board of Education minutes show a part-time contract for her first year of teaching received unanimous approval during an August 1970 board meeting. Meeting minutes from November 1970 confirm Warren’s account that she was working on an "emergency" teaching certificate, showing unanimous approval "that a provisional certificate be requested for Mrs. Elizabeth Warren in speech therapy." Toward the end of Warren’s first year on the job, in April 1971, the board approved her contract for the following school year, the meeting minutes show. Two months later, the meeting minutes indicate that Warren had tendered her resignation. "The resignation of Mrs. Elizabeth Warren, speech correctionist effective June 30, 1971 was accepted with regret," the June 16, 1971, minutes say. There are no further mentions of Warren in Riverdale Board of Education meeting minutes, according to a spokesman for the board. Scrutiny of Warren’s explanation for her jump from teaching to law comes months after the Massachusetts senator steadied her campaign after a rocky start. In October, two months before her campaign launch, Warren executed a botched attempt to put questions about her claims to Native American heritage behind her by releasing the results of a DNA test. The results, which showed she has minimal Cherokee ancestry, did little to quell the controversy. She went on to issue a public apology for taking the test in the first place. "I have listened, and I have learned a lot. And I’m grateful for the many conversations we’ve had together," Warren told a Native American audience in Iowa in mid-August. Though many on both sides of the aisle counted her out due to her handling of the issue, Warren has managed not only to bounce back but to climb to the top of the field. Even President Donald Trump, who savaged Warren for her attempt to claim Native American ancestry, has said publicly he regrets drawing attention to her early on given that she has managed to prevail—at least thus far. "I did the Pocahontas thing," Trump said to supporters at an August rally. "I hit her really hard and it looked like she was down and out but that was too long ago, I should’ve waited."
smix

The Inevitable Elizabeth Warren Indian Fark Thread

Postby smix » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:46 pm

The Inevitable Elizabeth Warren Indian Fark Thread
The Hayride

URL: https://thehayride.com/2012/05/the-inev ... rk-thread/
Published: May 8, 2012

Description: Call it rough justice if you want, or call it immaturity on our part. We don’t care – these things get traffic.

spreading-bull.jpg

And since Elizabeth Warren has been caught out in one of the most typical pinhead moves anybody could possibly make – faking a minority ancestry in order to get ahead as an affirmative action baby – there was no way in hell we weren’t going to have some fun at the expense of somebody that pathetic. Not to mention that not only is her claim of being 1/32nd Cherokee dubious but a little geneological research turns up that Warren’s ancestors actually rounded up Redskins for the Trail of Tears, and this thing just gets too delicious not to play with. That Warren was also the left-wing assclown who entered the Massachusetts U.S. Senate race with this Marxist gem…
“You built a factory out there? Good for you,” she says. “But I want to be clear: you moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for; you hired workers the rest of us paid to educate; you were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn’t have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory, and hire someone to protect against this, because of the work the rest of us did.” She continues: “Now look, you built a factory and it turned into something terrific, or a great idea? God bless. Keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along.”

…makes what we’re about to do even more enjoyable.

cherokee2.jpg

And with that, away we go.

Princess-Running-Gag.jpg
smix

Elizabeth Warren roasted for Indigenous Peoples Day 'respect' tweet

Postby smix » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:42 am

Elizabeth Warren roasted for Indigenous Peoples Day 'respect' tweet
Washington Times

URL: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ian-claim/
Published: October 14. 2019

Description: Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s call for “respect” in a #IndigenousPeoplesDay tweet elicited immediate backlash Monday and conjured up reminders of her “American Indian” claim and “1/1024th Indian” DNA test. “The story of America’s mistreatment of indigenous peoples is long and painful. And yet, Native communities have proven resilient,” the Massachusetts Democrat tweeted. “We owe them our respect — and we must honor our government’s commitments and promises to them. #IndigenousPeoplesDay.” Nearly 2,000 comments highlighted the presidential hopeful’s decision to register as “American Indian” for the State Bar of Texas in 1986 and make similar claims for Harvard Law School. A sampling of the comments include:
* “The best way to honor them is not to pretend that you’re one of them and prevent one from going to college because you claimed you were one of them.”
* “You thought you should weigh in on this, of all the things.”
* “Yikes. You went there. And with a straight face.”
* “‘Mistreatment’ — like impersonating one to get minority benefits? Asking for a former ‘woman of color’ professor at Harvard.”
* “This is 1/1024th sincere.”
* “Cringeworthy lack of self-awareness right here.”
* “And we should honor them with recipe books called ‘Pow-Wow Chow.’”
* “A powerful message from the first Native American member of Harvard faculty.”
Mrs. Warren maintains that her claims of being Native American were made in good faith.
The story of America’s mistreatment of indigenous peoples is long and painful. And yet, Native communities have proven resilient. We owe them our respect—and we must honor our government’s commitments and promises to them. #IndigenousPeoplesDay
— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) October 14, 2019

“Based on what I learned growing up and the fact that I love my family, decades ago I sometimes identified as Native American,” she on CNN’s “The Axe Files” in March. “It never had anything to do with any job that I ever got.”

Host David Axelrod, a former adviser to President Barack Obama, cornered her on this issue, asking, “The question I have never understood is why. Why did you in 1986 fill out on your law license or something? Why did you check those boxes, because obviously, that’s a very small part of your lineage? 1/32nd or something, so why did you do it? … The universities kind of fudged and used you for their own purposes.” “I shouldn’t have done it,” Mrs. Warren replied. “I’m not a person of color. I am not a citizen of a tribe, but what I try to do is be a good friend of Native Americans.”
smix

Previous