• Advertisement
To advertise, place classifieds free ads by category in a forum as a new topic, or in the classified display ads section, or start a classifieds free blog.

Ocasio-Cortez describes 'horrifying' conditions at Texas migrant facility

Postby smix » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:45 pm

Reuters

URL: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1TW2WB
Category: Politics
Published: July 1, 2019

Description: CLINT, Texas (Reuters) - Migrants held at a border patrol station in Texas were being kept in “horrifying” conditions that included psychological abuse and being told to drink out of toilets, Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said after a visit to the facility with other U.S. lawmakers on Monday. A delegation of lawmakers from the Congressional Hispanic Caucus were touring the border patrol facilities following reports from a government watchdog that immigrants were being housed in overcrowded and unsanitary conditions. First-term Democratic Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez wrote on Twitter after leaving the main border patrol station in El Paso that she had seen women in cells with no water who had been told to drink out of toilets. “After I forced myself into a cell w/ women&began speaking to them, one of them described their treatment at the hands of officers as “psychological warfare,” she wrote. “This has been horrifying so far.”

Reuters could not independently confirm her account. U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), which oversees Border Patrol, did not immediately respond to a request for comment on her statements. Conditions at U.S. facilities holding migrants along the U.S.-Mexico border have become a flashpoint in recent weeks after an internal government watchdog warned of “dangerous overcrowding” at the El Paso facility in May. In June, immigration lawyers raised alarms over squalid conditions facing hundreds of children at another facility in Clint, Texas. The lawmakers visited both Texas facilities on Monday. U.S. President Donald Trump has made cracking down on illegal immigration a centerpiece of his administration, but officials say a renewed crush of mostly Central Americans arriving at the border has strained resources.
FACEBOOK GROUP
The Border Patrol also came under fire on Monday following a report by the non-profit news site ProPublica that said offensive content had been posted on a private Facebook group for current and former CBP officers. Posts included jokes about the deaths of migrants and sexually explicit comments referencing Ocasio-Cortez, a representative from New York, the news outlet reported. After leaving the El Paso facility, Ocasio-Cortez wrote in a tweet, “I see why CBP officers were being so physically & sexually threatening towards me,” an apparent reference to the Facebook group. CBP condemned the Facebook group and acknowledged that it may include a number of the agency’s employees. Matthew Klein, Assistant Commissioner of CBP’s Office of Professional Responsibility, called the social media activity “disturbing” and said it violated the agency’s code of conduct. Klein said the matter had been referred to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) inspector general, which has jurisdiction over the CBP. According to a screen shot published by ProPublica, the Facebook group had 9,500 members. “These posts are completely inappropriate and contrary to the honor and integrity I see - and expect - from our agents day in and day out. Any employees found to have violated our standards of conduct will be held accountable,” U.S. Border Patrol Chief Carla Provost said in a statement. Border Patrol agents have expressed their own concerns about conditions at facilities, according to documents published Monday from the DHS Inspector General that supported the watchdog’s May report. The documents revealed U.S. agents feared riots by migrants being held in overcrowded and unsanitary cells and were “embarrassed” and “frustrated” by the detainees’ conditions at El Paso. The documents were obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request from website MuckRock and first reported by NBC News on Monday. They showed DHS inspectors had found on a May 7 visit here that more than half of the 756 immigrants being held at the El Paso facility were kept outside, and those inside were in cells packed at five times their capacity. Border Patrol agents “remained armed in the holding areas because of their concerns with the overcrowding that potentially could result in volatile situations,” the documents revealed. Government inspectors saw migrants standing on toilets because there was not enough room in cells and other examples of unsanitary conditions leading to concerns about illness among the agents, the documents said. CBP did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the documents. The U.S. government responded to the report in a letter to the watchdog included in the supporting documents. The situation “represents an acute and worsening crisis” and the surging numbers of migrants were overwhelming the agencies, the letter said. Acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan said in a statement on Monday he would be traveling to El Salvador for a two-day visit to discuss “the root causes of irregular migration” and would meet with Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez in Honduras. He traveled to Guatemala last week for meetings that included discussions of a “third safe country” agreement, which could potentially limit who could apply for asylum in the United States.
smix

Blog: View Blog (0)

AOC screamed at Border Patrol agents in 'threatening manner' during tour: Witnesses

Postby smix » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:58 pm

AOC screamed at Border Patrol agents in 'threatening manner' during tour: Witnesses
Washington Examiner

URL: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -witnesses

Description: Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., screamed at federal law enforcement agents “in a threatening manner” during a visit to a Border Patrol facility in El Paso, Texas, and refused to tour the facility, according to two people who witnessed the incident. A group of 14 House Democrats, including Ocasio-Cortez, and their aides kicked off their visit to the region at about 11 a.m. MST Monday at the El Paso Station on Hondo Pass Drive. The group was standing inside the station near an area where migrants are held when Ocasio-Cortez left them to sit inside a nearby holding area with a family as the other lawmakers and aides were briefed on station operations. “She comes out screaming at our agents, right at the beginning [of the tour] … Crying and screaming and yelling,” said one witness who said he was stunned by the outburst in front of approximately 40 people. “The agents, they wanted to respond, but they held back because she’s a congressional delegate. But when you have someone yelling at you in a threatening manner … ” the same person said. “They were like, ‘Hey, you need to kinda step back.’” A second official said she went in and out of the cell during the group’s briefing nearby and returned to the group several times to share information she had learned from detainees, including that one person had drunk from a toilet. The congresswoman told the group she would not go with the 13 other House Democrats on the tour of the facility and stayed with the family. A second official said that while she was around agents, Ocasio-Cortez commented at another point about an unofficial Border Patrol Facebook page that was exposed earlier Monday for offensive content about those in custody and lawmakers, including the congresswoman. “Something under her breath, ‘Oh, all these guys in here are gonna f--k me.’ The agents are standing there behind the computers. One of the agents laughed at something he was saying to another agent, and she got irate and flipped out,” the second Border Patrol official said. “Now they’re under investigation for it. She took it as they were laughing at her and screams at them and says, ‘What’s so funny?’” CBP did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the internal affairs matter. The Border Patrol official said managers were in the process of taking statements from agents. The Washington Examiner submitted a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to CBP for video of the events. The congresswoman, who led a charge in 2018 to abolish Immigration and Customs Enforcement, recounted the scene differently in a social media post afterward and did not mention yelling at agents. “After I forced myself into a cell w/ women&began speaking to them, one of them described their treatment at the hands of officers as “psychological warfare” - waking them at odd hours for no reason, calling them wh*res, etc. Tell me what about that is due to a 'lack of funding?'” she wrote on Twitter.
Now I’m on my way to Clint, where the Trump admin was denying children toothpaste and soap. This has been horrifying so far. It is hard to understate the enormity of the problem. We’re talking systemic cruelty w/ a dehumanizing culture that treats them like animals.
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) July 1, 2019

“Now I’ve seen the inside of these facilities. It’s not just the kids. It’s everyone. People drinking out of toilets, officers laughing in front of members Congress. I brought it up to their superiors. They said 'officers are under stress & act out sometimes.' No accountability,” she tweeted. “Just left the 1st CBP facility. I see why CBP officers were being so physically &sexually threatening towards me. Officers were keeping women in cells w/ no water & had told them to drink out of the toilets. This was them on their GOOD behavior in front of members of Congress.” The agent on scene said the congresswoman misrepresented why a person in custody had drunk from a toilet. “So this is what happened with the migrant and drinking water from toilet: she wanted water, didn’t know how to use the faucet in the cell, and drank from the toilet. She never told AOC that we made her drink from the toilet. AOC, of course, changed it … This was when she [the migrant] was apprehended and brought into the facility,” according to the agent. A Border Patrol official familiar with the sector’s media and congressional visits said the city’s congresswoman, Veronica Escobar, has been through stations “15 times” but did not respond in the same way as her colleague on Monday. Later in the visit, the first official said Escobar "yelled" at El Paso Chief Patrol Agent Aaron Hull about its care of detainees. “We’ve never hidden anything from her,” the official said.
smix

Border Patrol’s Brandon Judd Fires Back at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for ‘Falsehoods’ About Migrant Facilities

Postby smix » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:47 am

Border Patrol’s Brandon Judd Fires Back at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for ‘Falsehoods’ About Migrant Facilities
Breitbart News

URL: https://www.breitbart.com/border/2019/0 ... es-border/

Description: Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council, fired back at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) on Monday evening after she made incendiary claims about her visit earlier that day to several U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) sites housing migrants who crossed the U.S. border illegally. Ocasio-Cortez, who continues to refer to CBP facilities as “concentration camps” despite being criticized by Jewish leaders, the U.S. Holocaust Museum, and Israel’s Yad Vashem, tweeted that women had been forced to drink water from toilets, among other atrocities:
Just left the 1st CBP facility. I see why CBP officers were being so physically &sexually threatening towards me. Officers were keeping women in cells w/ no water & had told them to drink out of the toilets. This was them on their GOOD behavior in front of members of Congress.

This was in fact the type of toilet we saw in the cell. Except there was just one, and the sink portion was not functioning – @AyannaPressley smartly tried to open the faucet, and nothing came out. So the women were told they could drink out of the bowl.

toilet-sink.jpg

Now I’ve seen the inside of these facilities. It’s not just the kids. It’s everyone. People drinking out of toilets, officers laughing in front of members Congress. I brought it up to their superiors. They said “officers are under stress & act out sometimes.” No accountability.

After I forced myself into a cell w/ women&began speaking to them, one of them described their treatment at the hands of officers as “psychological warfare” – waking them at odd hours for no reason, calling them wh*res, etc. Tell me what about that is due to a “lack of funding?”

Judd, whose union represents U.S. Border Patrol agents, spoke to Breitbart News’ Rebecca Mansour and Joel Pollak on Breitbart News Tonight on Sirius XM 125. He was furious at Ocasio-Cortez’s claims, and pushed back passionately. He said that cameras that film the facilities would show that Ocasio-Cortez was lying: “I’m calling on CBP to release that footage so they clearly show that she was treated with the utmost dignity and respect,” Judd said. “Nobody is forced to drink out of a toilet and nobody is told to drink out of a toilet,” Judd explained. “Its completely and totally a baseless and ridiculous allegation and frankly it needs to be investigated and she needs to be exposed.”

Other reports suggested that Ocasio-Cortez had actually been rude and confrontational toward law enforcement personnel, and had misinterpreted or misrepresented information she learned. The Washington Examiner specifically disputed Ocasio-Cortez’s claims about a woman, or women, being forced to drink from a toiler. During the interview with Breitbart New Tonight, Judd mentioned a previous statement by Ocasio-Cortez in which she stated that she would rather be morally correct than factually accurate. Judd disagreed. “How can you have the moral high ground if you are going to throw facts out the window and spew falsehoods?” he asked, adding: “And that’s what she is doing.” He continued, “She gives absolutely no contexts to these allegations that she is making and by not giving context she is trying to paint a false narrative and a false picture and she needs to be held accountable for that.” During the interview, Judd said Ocasio-Cortez was misleading the nation by painting a false picture of agents. When asked about Ocasio-Cortez’s claim that migrants were subjected to “psychological warfare” by agents who would wake them at odd hours and call them derogative names, Judd said, “Where is the proof? It’s very easy to throw out these allegations and say this is what’s happening.” Judd continued: “Let the cameras speak …The cameras will prove her wrong and they will prove that she is being false.”
smix

Officials push back on AOC's border station claims, say she is 'misinforming' the public

Postby smix » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:59 pm

Officials push back on AOC's border station claims, say she is 'misinforming' the public
Fox News

URL: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/offici ... the-public
Published: July 2, 2019

Description: Current and former immigration officials pushed back Tuesday at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's high-profile accusations of cruel treatment at an El Paso border station, rejecting her claim that agents forced detainees to “drink out of the toilets” and insisting that their personnel “don’t treat people that way.” Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., traveled to the border on Monday with almost a dozen members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, as she blasted border officials as “violent” and “inhumane” -- while claiming agents forced migrant women and children being detained in cells to drink toilet water. “They are not drinking out of the toilet—no Border Patrol agent is going to make anyone drink out of the toilet,” former U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) director Tom Homan said on Fox News' “America’s Newsroom” Tuesday. “It’s just ridiculous on its face.” Homan alleged that Ocasio-Cortez was “clearly, intentionally misinforming the American public.” “She’s lost all credibility,” he said.

aoc-crocodile-tears.jpg

Homan suggested she was simply referring to the “apparatus” in holding cells that has an attached sink and toilet, but two separate water lines. “You’re drinking out of the same apparatus, the same piece of equipment, but there are two separate water lines—one going to the commode, one going to the sink,” Homan explained. “... [T]hey are designed that way to try to save space and make it more comfortable for the people who are in those facilities.” Images of that "apparatus" were circulating on social media as Ocasio-Cortez critics challenged her account. Ocasio-Cortez, though, maintained that while she did see the combination toilet-sink facilities, the station had only one of them, and the sink portion wasn't working. “So the women were told they could drink out of the bowl,” she tweeted. Homan acknowledged that the facilities “are jails” and “were not built for women and children,” saying that's why agents have been "begging" Congress for more funding for beds "so these families can be moved into a proper facility with proper care.” Former acting ICE director Ron Vitiello also pushed back on Ocasio-Cortez’s claims. “I have never seen anything like that,” Vitiello said on “Fox & Friends.” “And look, she was there for three minutes and now she’s an expert on what this facility looks like?” Brian Hastings, chief of law enforcement operations at U.S. Border Patrol, similarly defended the agents. “We don’t treat people that way. We provide fresh water. We provide food. We provide sanitary items as well as items for bathing and personal hygiene,” Hastings said on Fox News' “The Story” Monday night. But a Department of Homeland Security official told Fox News on Tuesday that CBP agents “are not equipped for the sheer volume of people” in facilities. “HHS is backed up with children, so there is a real backlog at the CBP facilities there,” the official explained. “It’s a real problem. The supplemental funding will help, but it’s a band-aid on a much bigger problem.” The official was referring to a recently passed funding bill for the crisis at the border. Ocasio-Cortez first tweeted about the conditions at the facilities on Monday. “Just left the 1 st CBP facility. I see why CBP officers were being so physically & sexually threatening towards me. Officers were keeping women in cells w/ no water & had told them to drink out of the toilets. This was them on their GOOD behavior in front of members of Congress,” she tweeted Monday. The visit to the border station has been the subject of fierce controversy. Not only are Democratic lawmakers and immigration officials at odds over Ocasio-Cortez's claims about the conditions, but witnesses told The Washington Examiner that the lawmaker was "screaming" at the agents and behaving in a "threatening" manner. Ocasio-Cortez, seemingly in response to the report, tweeted: "They confiscated my phone, and they were all armed. I’m 5’4”. They’re just upset I exposed their inhumane behavior." Ocasio-Cortez’s visit and allegations came after the discovery of a secret Facebook group where Border Patrol agents allegedly posted vulgar jokes and images about her, as well as illegal immigrants. The website ProPublica posted the story Monday headlined “Inside the Secret Border Patrol Facebook Group Where Agents Joke About Migrant Deaths and Post Sexist Memes.” In one post reported by ProPublica, a group member referenced the visits by Democrats and encouraged an officer to throw a “burrito at these b-----s.” Other posts included a vile, fake photo illustration of Ocasio-Cortez engaged in oral sex with President Trump. U.S. Customs and Border Protection condemned the posts. “These posts are completely inappropriate and contrary to the honor and integrity I see—and expect—from our agents day in and day out," U.S. Border Patrol Chief Carla Provost said in a statement to Fox News. "Any employees found to have violated our standards of conduct will be held accountable.” Ocasio-Cortez has since cited the Facebook group and her visit in railing against the agency, which she described as "rogue." “They’re threatening violence on members of Congress,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. “How do you think they’re treating caged children+families?”

Hispanic pastors tour border facility lambasted by AOC and say they are ‘shocked by misinformation’
Fox News

URL: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/immigr ... c-hispanic

Description: Rev. Samuel Rodriguez was "full of indignation" when he saw the reports and heard from politicians about the deplorable and inhumane conditions for illegal immigrants at an El Paso County, Texas migrant detention center. But what he saw at the same facility toured by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. with a group of pastors was "drastically different." The president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, the world's largest Hispanic Christian organization, and senior pastor of New Seasons Christian Worship Center in Sacramento shared his firsthand experience touring a migrant detention center during a press briefing Monday. “I read the reports, saw the news clips. I just wanted to see what was actually happening in order to better enable our efforts to find a fair and a just solution to our broken immigration system," Rodriguez, who has advised President Trump and both Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush on immigration reform, noted. “To my surprise, I saw something drastically different from the stories I’ve been hearing in our national discourse. Even as a veteran of immigration advocacy in the U.S., I was shocked at the misinformation of the crisis at the border." The group of pastors saw a very different picture described by Ocasio-Cortez and other politicians and media outlets. “We found no soiled diapers, no deplorable conditions and no lack of basic necessities,” Rodriguez remarked, adding he specifically asked border agents if they staged the facility in response to the negative press. “They unequivocally denied it — we were witnessing the identical conditions the attorneys saw when they toured the facility days earlier." In fact, some told him the sources from whom the negative coverage originated “never toured the areas of the facility that we toured” and speculated they might have had political motivations. The pastors left encouraged by the commitment and dedication of America’s Border Patrol and immigration officers, “many of which are Latinos, by the way.” He said one emotional Border Patrol agent turned to him and said, referring to the vilification: “Pastor Sam, what they’re saying about us is completely false. We care about these kids and have a passion for our calling.” Pastor Carlos Moran, NHCLC board member and immigrant, said, “we, as evangelical leaders that serve in different segments, are very committed to helping children regardless of their status and we commend those officers that are trying their very best to serve and fulfill their duty at the border. However, we do call on our political leaders to set aside their personal agendas and begin focusing on resolving this immigration crisis.” Rodriguez points blame for that broken immigration system at consecutive White House administrations and especially both Democrats and Republicans in the U.S. Congress and implored each to “address the system they created.” “What's heart-wrenching is that we have both Republicans and Democrats alike in Congress, who can't come together for the purpose of doing the right thing and finding a solution to our immigration crisis,” he said. “Please, President Trump, please White House, work with the Republicans and the Democrats [and] please, please, please, please, Nancy Pelosi, Kevin McCarthy, Mitch McConnell, Chuck Schumer, please come together to solve this crisis, immediately.”

Pastors stand ground on conditions of border facility after AOC claps back
Fox News

URL: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/immigr ... stor-lying
Published: July 3, 2019

Description: Two pastors stood their ground after Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., seemed to dispute their claims that conditions at facilities they toured were "drastically different" from what she saw. Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, the world's largest Hispanic Christian organization, and senior pastor of New Seasons Christian Worship Center in Sacramento, asked the White House if he could take a group of pastors to see for themselves the reported deplorable and inhumane conditions for illegal immigrants at an El Paso County, Texas migrant detention center. He said what they saw was vastly different than what the congresswoman described was occurring there. Ocasio-Cortez said the conditions were so deplorable, detainees were forced to drink water from the toilets. Ocasio-Cortez responded to the backlash in a tweet last night: "The right is responding to what’s been exposed at the border by denying it & saying I’m lying. Hard to assert when the details I shared are corroborated by other members of Congress, court documents, migrant testimony, and now photos released today by the Inspector General."

what-did-they-say.jpg

The Trump adviser, who has previously advised both Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush on immigration, responded on "Fox @ Night" Tuesday. "I must be living in a parallel universe somewhere...I did not find soiled diapers. I did not find crying children. I did not find deplorable conditions," Rodriguez told Fox News host Shannon Bream. "Quite the opposite. I found amazing people on both sides trying to make a very difficult circumstance better. I don't know where everyone else is visiting! I spoke to border patrol agents, the vast majority of which are Latino and many attended churches that are part of our network, and I asked, 'Hey guys, did you stage this? Did you flip the script to accommodate people like me?' And they went 'Pastor Sam, absolutely not. You are looking at the very thing that existed here for a number of weeks, so it's not that we shifted because of any deplorable conditions that were discovered.'" Rodriguez said he found out that the attorneys who reported the original "deplorable" conditions "never, ever walked through the center." "They never visited what I visited. They took that information anecdotally to interviews with children, with children mind you, from the age of 2 to the age of 17. The truth sets you free." Kevin Wallace, pastor of Redemption to the Nations Church, who joined Rodriguez, slammed Ocasio-Cortez's allegations as "totally absurd." Instead, he witnessed "kind, considerate and passionate" Border Patrol agents. "The congresswoman is entitled to her opinion, but her opinion should never shape the truth," Wallace told "Fox & Friends" Wednesday morning. "The truth doesn't have a side. The truth stands on its own and people with integrity have got to make up their mind to stand on the side of truth, and the facts that we saw were there." Ocasio-Cortez described being fearful of the border agents. But Tony Stewart, the pastor of Citylife Church who also toured the center with the delegation of seven pastors, said border agents were in tears about the mischaracterization about them. "What we saw was much different than what was said [by Ocasio-Cortez]," Stewart told "Fox & Friends First," adding, "The reality, it is not a great situation. We are in a crisis and I would urge Congress to make this work, but border agents are doing the best they can in the circumstances. It has been over-politicized, boiled to a point and this week it exploded but I would say when we were there it was much different than I expected."
smix

Behind Ocasio-Cortez’s border-camp theater

Postby smix » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:55 pm

Behind Ocasio-Cortez’s border-camp theater
New York Post

URL: https://nypost.com/2019/07/02/behind-oc ... p-theater/

Description: Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is horrified at what she’s seen on her visit to a holding facility for illegal immigrants — just a week after she voted against emergency funding to improve conditions at what she’d taken to calling “concentration camps.” This after months when Democrats insisted that talk of a border crisis was just a Trump administration contrivance, and refused to even vote on its requests for funds. AOC has a great gift for theater, as in her claim that detained women are forced to drink from toilets — which apparently refers to standard plumbing units for these facilities, which hold both a sink and toilet. This was almost as inspired as her stunt last fall, getting photographed with tears while supposedly viewing kids held in cages — when a wider shot revealed that she was actually looking at an empty lot. All the outrage is supposed to lead the American public to blame President Trump. Even when Democrats admit that overcrowding at these “camps” dates at least to the Obama era, they pretend the US government is the cause of the chaos. Yet Washington didn’t tell these migrants to travel across thousands of miles of Mexico to then cross the US border illegally. It’s the governments down in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras to blame for conditions there, as El Salvador’s new president, Nayib Bukele, told the BBC on Monday. If anyone’s encouraging them to come, it’s people out to provoke a crisis — immigration activists who think it will promote their desired reforms; drug cartels that profit from the border chaos; politicians back home, milking their own agendas. The combination has created a wave of more than 100,000 illegal border-crossers a month, overwhelming the Border Patrol and the agencies tasked with housing, feeding and caring for the detainees. Yet, though the migrants have been coached to claim asylum under US law, their motives are mainly economic: Undocumented immigrants from these countries have profited from time in the United States for decades, and the courts wind up denying most asylum claims. The grassroots of the Democratic Party has gone full-bore #AbolishICE. The 2020 contenders are rushing out plans for waving the migrants through, and vowing to provide them with free health care, too. But that’s not US law now, nor remotely what most Americans want — since it would plainly invite far larger waves, from across the globe. AOC’s theatrics aim to play on American hearts — and distract American minds from her absurd prescriptions. At bottom, she’s just exploiting the suffering she claims to deplore.
smix

Dan Crenshaw Says Ocasio-Cortez Is ‘Getting Bolder With Her Lies’ About The Immigration Crisis

Postby smix » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:38 pm

Dan Crenshaw Says Ocasio-Cortez Is ‘Getting Bolder With Her Lies’ About The Immigration Crisis
The Daily Sheeple

URL: https://www.thedailysheeple.com/dan-cre ... on-crisis/
Published: July 3, 2019

Description: Texas GOP Rep. Dan Crenshaw called New York Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez a liar after she claimed migrants in detention centers are being forced to drink toilet water. “She’s getting bolder with her lies on this. This is what’s actually happening and this is what the American people need to understand: People like AOC are operating off of a false premise, and it’s deliberately designed to misinform the American people for her own political ends,” Crenshaw said Tuesday to Fox News’s Martha MacCallum. Crenshaw’s comments follow accusations made by Ocasio-Cortez about migrant detention centers she visited. The New York Democrat said agents harassed and disrespected her during a tour of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) facilities and that the conditions of the facilities were squalid. “Remember, first there was no crisis at all. OK? Then it was a manufactured crisis. Then it was a crisis completely created by [President Donald] Trump. Then there were concentration camps. Then people are Nazis. Now she’s saying that Border Patrol agents harassed her and forced migrants to drink out of toilets,” Crenshaw said. “This is insanity. This is not true. There is no one else corroborating these kind of reports,” he said. “And yet, she’s using it to try and make her case that we shouldn’t have any enforcement and that we should have open borders. This is really dishonest behavior from a member of Congress.” Her most significant accusation, however, was that detained women were being directed by CBP agents to drink water out of toilets. “These women were being told by CBP officers to drink out of the toilet. They were drinking water out of the toilet, and that was them knowing a congressional visit was coming. This is CBP on their best behavior,” the Democrat told the press Monday. When a reporter asked if she personally saw such an action take place, she didn’t respond and rolled up her car window. Top officials within the Department of Homeland Security have refuted her claims. “I’ve never heard, in 26 years of being in this business, ever heard of that type of allegation being made,” CBP Deputy Commissioner Robert Perez said Tuesday. U.S. Border Patrol Chief of Operations Brian Hastings called Ocasio-Cortez’s accusation “completely untrue” and said facilities are full of supplies and resemble Costco stores. So far, there is no documented evidence to back up of any of Ocasio-Cortez’s accusations.
smix