• Advertisement
To advertise, place classifieds free ads by category in a forum as a new topic, or in the classified display ads section, or start a classifieds free blog.

Michigan governor's husband pleaded to get boat in water

Postby smix » Tue May 26, 2020 7:34 pm

ABC News

URL: https://abcnews.go.com/Travel/wireStory ... r-70882659
Category: Politics
Published: May 26, 2020

Description: The owner of a boat service company said the husband of Michigan's governor dropped her name while pleading to get his boat in the water for Memorial Day weekend

whitmer-mallory.jpg
‘I am the husband to the governor, will this make a difference?’”

ELK RAPIDS, Mich. -- Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's husband urged a business to get his boat in the water in time for Memorial Day weekend, according to social media posts, while she was publicly telling cooped-up residents to resist flocking to popular vacation areas during the coronavirus pandemic. Personal Facebook posts from NorthShore Dock owner Tad Dowker are no longer available. But The Detroit News reported that Dowker's staff last week took a call from Whitmer's husband, Marc Mallory. “This morning, I was out working when the office called me, there was a gentleman on hold who wanted his boat in the water before the weekend,” Dowker posted, according to the News. “Being Memorial weekend and the fact that we started working three weeks late means there is no chance this is going to happen. “Well our office personnel had explained this to the man and he replied, ‘I am the husband to the governor, will this make a difference?’” Dowker posted. Whitmer, a Democrat, and Mallory own a property in the Elk Rapids area in the northern part of Michigan's Lower Peninsula. NorthShore Dock subsequently said on Facebook that Mallory was respectful and understood why the company couldn’t immediately get his boat in the water, the News reported. “Our practice is not to discuss the governor’s or her family’s personal calendar/schedules. And we’re not going to make it a practice of addressing every rumor that is spread online,” Whitmer spokeswoman Tiffany Brown said. The governor has lifted restrictions on Michigan residents traveling to second homes or taking a road trip. But she doesn't encourage it, saying the coronavirus is highly contagious. “A small spike could put the hospital system in dire straits pretty quickly,” Whitmer said. “That’s precisely why we’re asking everyone to continue doing their part." Republican state Sen. Tom Barrett said Whitmer's husband wasn't following her message. “In the Army, we have a tradition that the leaders get in line for chow last behind everyone else in the unit,” said Barrett, an Iraq War veteran. “Her family is trying to cut people in line.”
smix

Blog: View Blog (0)

State Senator: Gretchen Whitmer Engaged in ‘Cover Up’ of Husband’s Boat Request

Postby smix » Tue May 26, 2020 7:44 pm

State Senator: Gretchen Whitmer Engaged in ‘Cover Up’ of Husband’s Boat Request
Breitbart News

URL: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... t-request/
Published: May 26, 2020

Description: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s (D) husband reportedly sought to cut to the front of the line to get his boat in the water just in time for Memorial Day, and now a state senator says he was “drawn into a cover up” by the governor and her staff.

whitmer-stay-home.jpg

State Sen. Tom Barrett (R-Charlotte) wrote on Facebook that he had posted information regarding Marc Mallory’s request of a northern Michigan dock company to service his boat earlier than scheduled. Barrett said he had verified the information prior to posting it. “But just as I was about to go to sleep around 11:00 p.m. I was contacted through the Governor’s office that they adamantly denied the situation,” he wrote on Monday. “They went so far as to contact the Majority Leader’s Chief of Staff and specifically called to request that I remove my post.” According to the Detroit News, Mallory called NorthShore Dock LLC near Elk Rapids because he wanted his boat in the water for the holiday weekend. “This morning, I was out working when the office called me, there was a gentleman on hold who wanted his boat in the water before the weekend,” company owner Tad Dowker said. “Being Memorial weekend and the fact that we started working three weeks late means there is no chance this is going to happen.” He continued, “Well our office personnel had explained this to the man and he replied, ‘I am the husband to the governor, will this make a difference?’” The company said Whitmer’s husband was “respectful and understanding” when he was informed it couldn’t accommodate his request. Barrett said he took down his post “out of an abundance of caution and a hope for our state and the integrity of the office of the Governor that it was not true.” But then, he determined the information was accurate. “Later Saturday evening, however, the company issued a statement that confirmed the sentiments from the original post. Once that statement was public I felt comfortable to contact the media to tell my side of the story and how I was drawn into a cover up by the Governor and her staff,” Barrett wrote. “Now instead of denial they simply ‘won’t respond’ to questions about it.” The Detroit News noted Whitmer spokeswoman Tina Brown wouldn’t confirm or deny the story, and said the administration wouldn’t address “every rumor that is spread online.” Barrett said he “privately sent word back to the Governor’s office that I would never again give them the benefit of the doubt.”
smix

CONFIRMED: Governor Whitmer Begs Michiganders Not to Travel to their Summer Home — Then Her Cars Are Seen Parked Outside of HER

Postby smix » Tue May 26, 2020 8:04 pm

CONFIRMED: Governor Whitmer Begs Michiganders Not to Travel to their Summer Home — Then Her Cars Are Seen Parked Outside of HER SUMMER HOME!
Gateway Pundit

URL: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... mmer-home/
Published: May 20, 2020

Description: Tyrannical Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed an executive order that banned regular Michiganders from traveling between residences in the state. Whitmer banned travel to summer homes. Whitmer extended the ban on traveling to summer homes thru April 30th. The ban was lifted but Governor Whitmer begged Michiganders not to travel up north. Joe Biden is looking at Gretchen Whitmer as his possible running mate! Evidently the rules do not apply to the elites like Gretchen Whitmer or her family. Radio host Randy Bishop posted a photo today of several vehicles at Governor Whitmer’s summer home in or near Birch Lake, Michigan.

mallory-chevy-tahoe.jpg

Tonight we researched the license plate on the Tahoe in Gretchen’s summer home driveway. Guess what we found? The vehicle belongs to a Marc Mallory from Lansing, Michigan. Guess who Marc Mallory is married to? That’s correct Governor Gretchen Whitmer. Gretchen and Marc were at their summer home today. Gretchen doesn’t want you to visit your summer home but she will. She must love her new power.
smix